Open fires and ovens have been used for cooking since the early caveman days. The concepts have evolved throughout history from early open fire pits to today’s newest gas and electric ovens. Did you know that owning a pizza oven does not have to limit you to pizza cooking only? It is so much more versatile than that. At this point, you may be asking yourself: What else can I use my pizza oven to cook? Well, there is a simple answer. Anything you cook on a stovetop, oven, or griller from nuts, vegetables, fish, or hearty healthy stews, you can cook in a pizza oven. In fact, pizza oven cooking is a healthier alternative and will intensify food flavor. Cooking in a pizza oven is not as daunting as many think. It is actually very simple. Keep reading for some fantastic pizza oven menu ideas!
Compile Your Pizza Oven Menu for Foods Other Than PizzaLet’s begin our DIY pizza oven menu. A menu consists of appetizers, main meal, and dessert. Below you will find 10 juicy recipes for foods other than pizza encompassing these three categories.
Appetizers Cooked in a Pizza OvenAs your pizza oven warms up, there are many quick appetizers you can cook to share with and wow your guests. Here is a quick peek at some of them.
1. Cheesy MushroomsThis is one of the easiest and tastiest snacks to make.
- Buy some medium to large mushrooms
- Wash and wipe the mushrooms
- Remove the stalks so as to form a bowl
- Lay mushrooms on a baking tray
- Put a teaspoon of garlic butter into each mushroom
- Season with some paprika, salt, and pepper
- Top with grated cheese of your choice, such as Parmesan
- Put the tray towards the front of the pizza oven
2. Barbequed SardinesThis is another easy peasy snack to prepare.
- 16 sardines
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of coarse salt
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
3. Jalapeno Poppers Stuffed With Cheese and Wrapped in BaconThis is a tasty snack with a bite!
- 12 large jalapenos
- Hot sauce of your choice
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 packet of streaky bacon
- Salt and pepper
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- Slice the top off the chilies and scrape any seeds out
- Mix the cream cheese, salt, and pepper and add an amount to your liking of hot sauce
- Fill each jalapeno with the mixture
- Wrap each chili with a slice of raw bacon securing the ends with a toothpick
- Push a skewer through each chili from top to bottom
- Lay skewers on a baking tray and bake in the pizza oven until the bacon is crispy
4. Corn on the CobAgain, this is simple and easy to make. You can serve whole or cut into snack-size pieces. Soak the cob beforehand in water. Lay on a baking tray and place it in the pizza oven. Brush and turn regularly with a mixture of melted butter and garlic.
Comforting Main MealsNow that you have had your appetizers, tantalize your taste buds with these delicious dishes that can be cooked in a pizza oven.
1. Steaks a la SavageThere is nothing as easy as this simple but delicious recipe.
- Thick ribeye steaks, preferably bone-in
- Extra virgin olive oil
2. Salmon Cooked on a Wooden PlankTry cedar or oak wood — it adds a smoky taste to the meat.
- 1 cup of demerara sugar
- 1 cup of coarse salt
- Piece of wood of your choice sized to fit your salmon filet
- 4 tbsp Honey
- A single-shot of whiskey of choice
Quick Yummy Meal Ending FoodsListed below are some simple ways to end your meal with desserts and savories.
1. Baked Apples
- 6 apples
- 6 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp raisins
- 1 tsp ginger syrup
- 4 tsp mixed nuts (optional)
- 6 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- Apple juice
2. S’MoresWho does not like S’mores? Bring the campfire experience inside with this easy recipe:
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 chocolate bar, crushed
- 1 bag Marshmallows
- 2 packets graham crackers or cookies