Pit Boss was first established in 1999 and since this time the company has gained popularity making it a very familiar name in the grilling industry. The grills function much like an oven with temperatures ranging from 180-500 degrees Fahrenheit.
By igniting the wood pellets, this will then heat the cooking chamber ensuring that the temperature is evenly distributed to cook your food thoroughly.
If you are a little uncertain when it comes to selecting your grill, we have taken the hard work out of the process and selected and reviewed our top five picks of the best Pit Boss pellet grills. To aid you through the selection process, we have also included a handy buyers guide containing all of our top tips for choosing the best product.
Are you in a hurry? If you don’t have the time to continue reading, we have selected our top pick for you below.
Our winner after 35+ hours of research[amazon fields=”B01GFX0104″ value=”thumb”]
Best Pit Boss Pellet Grills – Comparison Table
|[amazon fields=”B01GFX0104″ value=”thumb”]||Pit Boss 700FB 700 sq inch Pellet Grill|
|[amazon fields=”B01GFX00N2″ value=”thumb”]||Pit Boss 71820FB PB820FB Pellet Grill|
|[amazon fields=”B079RNJ7HV” value=”thumb”]||Pit Boss Austin XL 1000 sq inch Pellet Grill|
|[amazon fields=”B07DNCZHLP” value=”thumb”]||Pit Boss Classic 700 Sq inch Wood Fired Pellet Grill and Smoker|
|[amazon fields=”B083STDCGS” value=”thumb”]||PIT BOSS PB440D2 Wood Pellet Grill, Mahogany|
Best Pit Boss Pellet Grills – Our Reviews[amazon fields=”B01GFX0104″ value=”thumb”]
#1. Our Overall Top Pick
The Pit Boss 700FB square inch pellet grill spoils you with an expansive cooking surface that is sure to satisfy all of your cooking needs. Designed with an innovative flame broiler you can cook your steaks and burgers to the standard that you would expect to receive in your favorite steakhouse. As you are left in complete control throughout the cooking process you can grill your meats at your desired temperature.
Constructed using porcelain-coated cast iron grids, this is a durable pellet grill that is likely to see you through many uses without any significant deterioration to the quality.
Fueled by using 100% natural wood pellets, this is a natural source that isn’t reliant upon gas, propane, or charcoal, designed to reach your chosen temperature with immediacy.
Impressively, these wood pellets have been sourced from America so you can be confident in the root of your fuel.
Featuring a digitally controlled burn system, this grill is easy to operate leaving you in complete control when reaching your chosen temperature which ranges from 170 Fahrenheit to 600 Fahrenheit.
- Courtesy of the electric ignition or fan-forced air a clear burning flame is maintained through a clean and flavorful smoke.
- Designed with a 700 square inch cooking surface, there is a great capacity to cook a range of foods and this is ideal if you are catering to larger groups in particular.
- The digital control system leaves you in complete control of the temperature range to cook your meats to your desired standard.
- Thanks to the heavy-duty and durable design, this grill is likely to see you through many uses without signs of deterioration.
- As a pellet grill, it is easy to use and comes with clear instructions if needed.
- Unfortunately, this grill begins to struggle with maintaining its temperature after a few uses.
#2. Runner Up
Slightly larger, the Pit Boss 71820FB PB820FB Pellet Grill offers an 820 square inch cooking surface effectively catering to all of your outdoor cooking needs. They are also heavier courtesy of their robust and heavy-duty design that works to evenly distribute and trap the heat to cook your chosen foods to a thorough standard.
With a temperature range of 180-500 degrees, this pellet grill has the versatility and temperature capabilities that are required to cook a range of foods. Featuring a flame broiler you can grill, smoke, and sear selected foods on an open flame. This works to provide those authentic tastes that are solely gained during the process of outdoor cooking.
The cooking surface is made using porcelain-coated cast iron along the main grid which oozes quality and versatility providing you with an enjoyable cooking experience.
Courtesy of the dial-in temperature control you are always aware of the current temperature of the grill and provided with the control throughout the cooking process for your foods to reach your desired temperature and standard.
- Using 100% natural hardwood pellets you can enjoy a cleaner cooking experience with a reduced mess build up.
- Impressively, this grill ignites and heats up quickly which is super convenient.
- With a heavy-duty and robust design, this grill works effectively to trap in all of those tasty juices for the best cooking results.
- Courtesy of the versatile functions of this grill you can enjoy an 8 in 1 cooking experience.
- This pellet grill is easy to operate requiring little effort on your behalf, simply sit back and enjoy each step of the cooking experience.
- The grill itself can be a little tricky to assemble which may consume a considerable amount of time.
#3. Runner Up
This XL large Pit Boss Austin Grill has been designed with a 1000 square inch cooking surface providing a great capacity for cooking a range of different foods at once. With porcelain coating, it has been durably designed for longevity.
Featuring four rolling casters you are provided with convenient maneuverability. This allows you to transport your grill to different areas of your outdoor space with ease if needed.
The innovative flame broiler gives you the versatility to choose between indirect or direct grilling depending on the foods that you are cooking. With 8 in 1 grilling options, you can cater your cooking needs to serve a range of BBQ purposes. Choose from grilling, roasting, baking, or smoking.
Designed with a digitally controlled board the LED displays the temperature settings etc and it also comes equipped with a meat probe too which is bound to come in handy throughout different stages of the cooking process.
- Impressively, this grill is easy to assemble and operate for convenient grilling.
- Courtesy of its heavy-duty design, this is a durable and sturdy grill that is likely to see you through many uses without any breakdown in quality.
- With a 1000 square inch cooking surface, there is a great capacity to cook a range of foods at once. Also ideal if you are cooking for large groups.
- The four rolling casters account for convenient and easy portability.
- This grill is easy to clean which is convenient after use.
- This pellet grill isn’t suitable for long term storage outdoors as the rain is likely to cause damage.
#4. Runner Up
Choose from smoking, grilling, baking, roasting, braising, or bbq-ing using this multifunctional Pit Boss classic pellet grill and smoker. Constructed using high-temperature powder-coated steel you can cook a range of foods at varying temperatures.
The cooking temperature ranges from 180-500 degrees Fahrenheit with a digital control board and an LED display that allows you to see the current temperature that your foods are cooking at.
Designed with porcelain-coated wire cooking grids this a durable wood fired pellet grill that is going to last for a considerably long time without breaking or becoming easily damaged. Made with an innovative flame broiler, you can cook your foods directly.
- Using this grill to cook a range of meats creates some tasty results that are bound to satisfy your taste buds.
- Easy to operate and use, this grill is even convenient for beginners who are new to this cooking set up.
- Constructed with durability as a priority, this grill is going to last a long time without deteriorating in quality.
- The clearly visible digital LED displays the current cooking temperature of your foods and puts you in control of the cooking.
- The inclusion of two rotary wheels accounts for efficient maneuverability and transportation.
- Unfortunately, some grills feature defective temperature indicators which may result in the display of the incorrect temperature of your grill.
#5. Runner Up
The Pit Boss Deluxe wood pellet grill may not have as many reviews as its contenders, but it still boasts some impressive features that are worth considering. With a premium gauge stainless steel construction this is a durable grill that is likely to withstand daily wear if it is going to be stored outdoors regularly.
Conveniently, the side shelf also doubles up as a serving tray which provides a useful area for presenting the food once it has been cooked. This is also a removable tray so it can be detached for easy cleaning following use.
With two large wheels incorporated into the design of the base, you can easily maneuver this grill to a different area of your outdoor space if necessary. Also useful if you need to move your grill to more sheltered areas should you experience any adverse weather.
Just like the other grills produced by the brand, this pellet grill features a digital LED reader which displays the current temperature inside the grill giving you complete control throughout the cooking process.
Thanks to the porcelain-coated cooking grates, this is a durably constructed grill with a cooking surface measuring 465 square inches. This is slightly more compact but still very spacious to satisfy your cooking needs.
- The removable side tray allows for easy cleaning following use.
- The grill has an aesthetically pleasing design thanks to its sophisticated color choices and material construction.
- Thanks to the wheels you can conveniently move your grill if needed.
- Cleaning is made much easier courtesy of the removable grills which prevent the build-up of any unwanted dirt and grease.
- You can choose between direct and indirect cooking settings.
- Assembly can be a little tricky and time-consuming.
Best Pit Boss Pellet Grills – Buyers Guide
Pit Boss is favored for many features boasted by their grills, from the quality of the construction to the affordable price points. If you are a little uncertain regarding the criteria that influence a good quality grill, we have compiled a handy guide outlining some useful tips for selecting the best Pit Boss wood pellet grill. This will ensure that you select the best product for your money that is going to satisfy your cooking requirements while maintaining excellent quality.
The size of the cooking surface
This factor can vary depending on the model of the grill that you choose. This can differ from 400 square inches up to as large as 1000 square inches. You may find a particular sized cooking surface to be more convenient than others and this of course is influenced by several factors. These include the volume of people that you are likely to be cooking for and the selection of foods that you intend to cook.
Of course, the cleaning is important as ideally, this should be a convenient step following the cooking process. Many will feature removable trays that account for easy cleaning following use helping to prevent the build-up of unwanted mess and grease.
The quality and construction of the grill are paramount when making your purchase. Regardless of the amount that you spend on your grill, you would expect it to last for a considerable amount of time before any signs of deterioration in the quality and this is also determined by how well the grill has been constructed. The porcelain-coated cooking grids and the stainless steel construction account for excellent durability ensuring that they are going to last for a long time without any breakdown in the quality.
The Digital LED indicator
The digital LED indicator alerts you of the current cooking temperature inside the grill so that you are aware of when it is ready to cook your chosen foods and this also gives you complete control throughout the cooking experience as you can adjust the temperature if needed to suit the foods that you are going to cook. The Pit Boss pellet grills boast temperatures ranging from 180-500 degrees Fahrenheit which give you increased versatility in the type of foods that you can cook and also allow you to choose the most appropriate temperature to satisfy your cooking needs.
Ignite and heat uptime
When you are planning on using your grill, especially if you are cooking for a group of hungry people, you don’t want to be waiting for a long time for your grill to reach the required temperature before you can begin cooking. On the whole Pit Boss grills are praised for their quick heat-up times which means that you can begin cooking your foods in no time. They are also known for maintaining their temperature well too which ensures that your food is going to be cooked thoroughly.
A grill with wheels incorporated into the base is super beneficial when it comes to easy transportation. This is necessary if you have a grill that needs to be moved to another area or needs to be moved when it isn’t in use. Thanks to the wheels you can simply push or pull your grill to your chosen spot without having to struggle in the process of doing so.
A Pit Boss pellet grill is more than likely to be stored outside as it is intended to satisfy your outdoor cooking needs. For this reason, the durability is crucial as this affects the longevity of your grill. Ideally, your grill should be able to withstand adverse weather conditions without becoming easily damaged or deteriorating in quality. Some may deteriorate at a faster rate than others following frequent exposure to rain or bad weather.
The price is one of the most important determiners when it comes to selecting a product often being the decider in the model of the grill that you buy. Many individuals set out with a particular budget in mind with a rough guideline surrounding the amount that they are wanting to spend. Pit Boss pellet grills are praised for their affordability in comparison to competitors on the market. If you have a stricter budget in mind you are likely to find a grill that is going to suit this without compromising on the quality.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Pit Boss make good grills?
Pit Boss produces a range of grills that are of great quality when compared to other competitors on the market. Along with generous cooking surfaces, they also retail at around half of the price as some other industry competitors.
How long is my Pit Boss grill going to last?
Your Pit Boss grill should last for an average of 5 years as the majority are equipped with a 5-year warranty. Of course, there are many factors on your behalf that are going to influence the length of time that your grill is going to last. The durability of the construction is also important along with the care that is taken of your grill in regards to cleaning and storing etc.
How do I get more smoke from my Pit Boss?
There are several steps that you can follow to get more smoke from your Pit Boss ultimately increasing the flavors of your foods. Some include the type of meat that you use, the temperature, ensuring that the lid isn’t frequently opened during the cooking process, and also allowing your grill to ride out as this way it is likely to produce more smoke.