AVAILABLE ON AMAZON
The Old Smokey Electric Smoker may not look particularly good to look at, but it is sturdy, reliable and it does its job well. In addition, the flat top design may not be visually impressive, but it does allow for constant basting. Also, the casing is made from corrosion resistant aluminized steel, which increases the device’s durability and helps increase its effective lifespan. So in terms of basic features, the Old Smokey certainly has a lot going for it and allows it to keep getting high ratings amongst the other electric smokers.
However, the great thing about the Old Smokey electric smoker is that you won’t even need to include water while cooking your food thanks to its sealed lid. The lid is designed to capture the juices of the meat in order to give your cooking its great taste. So if you’re looking for one of the best electric smokers that are also very reliable while allowing you to cook your meat in a unique way then the Old Smokey is a great choice .
What Are The Main Features On The Old Smokey Electric Smoker?
The Old Smokey has several features which sets it apart from all other electric smokers. The most important of these are:
- A sealed-in design to improve the taste and smell of the food
- A flat top, which allows the sauces of the meat to drip back down to the food.
- Efficient electric heating
- An adjustable heat control which allows for different cooking styles.
- A chip tray is also included for adding wood chips just in case you want smoke flavor.
What Are The Pros and Cons of The Old Smokey?
- The Old Smokey’s aluminized steel casing increases its durability.
- Since the Old Smokey is one the finest in electric smokers, there’s no need to buy charcoal or propane to cook your meat.
- It’s very easy to clean and set up
- The food quality is great and many users comment at how it tastes a lot better than food cooked using charcoal and propane.
- The Old Smokey’s racks can hold about 10 to 15 pounds each.
- Due to the Old Smokey’s sealed in design, some of smoke will build up on the inside of over time.
- The Old Smokey does not include a thermometer. It only includes low, medium and high temperature settings.
- The Old Smokey’s design is too airtight and may interfere with the meat’s taste.
- Although the casing is durable, the handles are not. Still, these handles will not fall apart, provided you take good care of them.
Is The Old Smokey Electric Smoker Still Really Great?
The Old Smokey Electric Smoker is durable, efficient and, most important of all, it helps make great food. It’s only flaw, however, is that you will need to make sure that none of the residue of the smoke build up inside the smoker. So the important point to remember here is that although the Old Smokey is still great and one of the best electric smokers around, it does require a lot of maintenance after prolonged use.